While I love to use my dehydrator for preserving food, I can't even begin to claim to be an expert. If you're anything like me, you never really venture beyond the very basics. Well my friend, that's about to change. On today's episode I'm joined by my good friend Jessica Spiers. Listen as Jessica lays out all the necessities when it comes to dehydration. Discover the best foods to dehydrate, how you can dehydrate your food even if you don't have a dehydrator, the best ways to prepare foods for preservation, and how to pick the right equipment for your needs. Finally, make sure you listen to the end to discover Jessica's favorite food to dehydrate (it might surprise you)!
Connect with Jessica below:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/threerivershomestead
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2yq41wib1MOacBef2crlbw
This episode is brought to you by Redmond’s Real Salt, which is the #1 salt I use in all my homesteading cooking, canning, and fermentation. I have learned over the years that not all salt is created equal and having the good stuff really does make a difference in your culinary adventures. Redmond’s is the only salt mined in the good ol’ US of A. I love that it’s mined using sustainable practices AND contains 60+ trace minerals that not only make it incredibly good for you, but it tastes better too. Since I can’t grow salt myself (obviously) Right now, Redmond's is offering 15% off your entire order just for my podcast listeners. Head over to theprairiehomestead.com/SALT and use the code HOMESTEAD to snag your discount.
- Design your dream homestead with my FREE handbook— grab it here: http://theprairiehomestead.com/layout
- Head to http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/grow to get complimentary access to my best homestead resources.
- Get more in-depth homestead info, printable recipes, and tutorials and more on my blog at www.theprairiehomestead.com
- Get Old-Fashioned on Purpose hats & shirts at www.homesteadswag.com
- Follow Jill on YouTube: http://youtube.com/theprairiehomestead
- Follow Jill on Instagram: http://instagram.com/theprairiehomestead